As The Beatles once sang, Christmas time is here again! Ok well not really since it’s only the first day of December, but if I’m being honest, I’ve been in the Christmas mindset since September… I thought I’d write a quick little blogpost with 20 of my favorite Christmas songs I have on my Spotify playlist!
In no particular order:
- I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday – Wizzard
- (Everybody’s Waitin’ For) The Man With The Bag – Kay Starr
- Christmas Island – Leon Redbone
- Santa Claus Is Comin’ To Town – Frank Sinatra
- What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve? – Nancy Wilson
- Sleigh Ride – The Ronettes
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus – The Jackson 5
- Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season – Andy Williams
- Do They Know It’s Christmas? – Band Aid
- Happy Xmas (War Is Over) – John Lennon
- Wonderful Christmas Time – Paul McCartney
- (There’s No Place Like) Home for the Holidays – Perry Como
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) – Darlene Love
- What Christmas Means to Me – Stevie Wonder
- Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys
- It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year – Andy Williams
- Rocking Around the Christmas Tree – Brenda Lee
- Santa Baby – Eartha Kitt
- I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm – Kay Starr
- Merry Xmas Everybody – Slade
I’m so excited to see what all the month of December brings me and I hope everyone is in the merriest of moods now that Christmas is right around the corner!!
Stay festive, stay merry, and deck those halls,
“And there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them.” – Luke 2:8-9
The month of November is currently in full swing and I’ve finally gotten around to making my Spotify playlist for this month. I usually make a playlist for each month where I include songs that I feel are either appropriate for that particular time of year or just songs that I’m currently binging. This month, I thought I’d have more of an oldies/soul-filled playlist to listen to while working on homework or drinking coffee in the mornings. Talk about vibes, am I right? This is my Spotify account, so feel free to check out my eclectic music taste and all of my playlists!
I’m still adding songs to this playlist, but some of my favorites are currently:
- Cigarettes and Coffee – Otis Redding
- Bring It On Home To Me – Sam Cooke
- You Send Me – Sam Cooke
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James
- The Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long – Otis Redding
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You) – The Temptations
- I Second That Emotion – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) – The Temptations
- Tired of Being Alone – Al Green
If you haven’t given any of these songs a listen before, you really should now! There is so much soul behind them (no pun intended, but I guess that’s why they call the genre ‘soul’ anyway…) and I would really love for more people to become familiar with these artists and their songs. This is goooooooood music!
Happy November my friends and keep jammin’.
“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” – 1 John 4:16