The month of November is currently in full swing and I’ve finally gotten around to making my Spotify playlist for this month. I usually make a playlist for each month where I include songs that I feel are either appropriate for that particular time of year or just songs that I’m currently binging. This month, I thought I’d have more of an oldies/soul-filled playlist to listen to while working on homework or drinking coffee in the mornings. Talk about vibes, am I right? This is my Spotify account, so feel free to check out my eclectic music taste and all of my playlists!
I’m still adding songs to this playlist, but some of my favorites are currently:
- Cigarettes and Coffee – Otis Redding
- Bring It On Home To Me – Sam Cooke
- You Send Me – Sam Cooke
- I’d Rather Go Blind – Etta James
- The Tracks of My Tears – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- I’ve Been Loving You Too Long – Otis Redding
- (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin
- This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You) – The Temptations
- I Second That Emotion – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
- Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) – The Temptations
- Tired of Being Alone – Al Green
If you haven’t given any of these songs a listen before, you really should now! There is so much soul behind them (no pun intended, but I guess that’s why they call the genre ‘soul’ anyway…) and I would really love for more people to become familiar with these artists and their songs. This is goooooooood music!
Happy November my friends and keep jammin’.
“And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.” – 1 John 4:16